|Luca De Cicco|
DEE,Politecnico di Bari, ITALY
Make things as simple as possible, but not simpler. A. Einstein
We have been awarded with the Google Faculty Award 2014 for designing a congestion control algorithm for real-time communication within the WebRTC framework to enable video conference among Web browsers.
Check out TAPAS our open-source tool for rapid prototyping of Adaptive streaming algorithms.
- H. Lundin, S. Holmer, H. Alvestrand, L. De Cicco, and S. Mascolo
A Google Congestion Control Algorithm for Real-Time Communication
IETF draft RMCAT wg, draft-alvestrand-rmcat-congestion-02, Feb 2014 (Slides:PDF) (Web: Link)
- L. De Cicco, G. Cofano, and S. Mascolo
Local SIP Overload Control: Controller Design and Optimization by Extremum Seeking
IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, accepted for publication, to appear (Bib: BIB)
Luca De Cicco has graduated in Computer Science Engineering in 2003 with honors. He received the PhD in Information Engineering in July 2008 from Politecnico di Bari (advisor Prof. Saverio Mascolo) defending his thesis entitled: "Modeling, design and implementation issues in Multimedia Congestion Control Algorithms". He is currently research assistant at Politecnico di Bari working on the research theme "Multimedia content distribution over the Internet by using cloud computing infrastructures" . His main interests range from modeling and design of congestion control algorithms for multimedia transport, to adaptive live video streaming, performance evaluation of congestion control algorithms, and future internet paradigms. During the third year of his PhD program he covered a visiting scholar position at ECE Department at University of New Mexico (Albuquerque, NM, USA) collaborating in the FIND (Future INternet Design) project under the supervision of Prof. Chaouki Abdallah. Moreover in 2007 and 2012 he has been a visiting scholar at L2S (Laboratoire des signaux et systèmes) École Supérieure d'Électricité (Supelec), Gif-sur-Yvette (Paris), France under the supervision of Prof. Silviu Niculescu.
- "Massive Adaptive Internet VIdeo STreaming. Using the Cloud (MAIVISTO)", Start-up measure, 2014-2016, funded by MIUR
- WP3 leader of "PLATform for INnOvative services in future internet" PON PLATINO, 2012-2015, funded by MIUR
- "Telecommunication Facilities and Wireless Sensor Networks in Emergency Management", strategic Project, funded by Apulia Region
- "End-to-end protocols for video over IP", 2007-2008, funded by Financial Tradeware plc
- "The Transient Network Architecture (TNA)", Future INternet Design (FIND), funded by NSF, University of New Mexico, 2007 (See this poster for an outline of the project)
- FAMOUS "Fluid Analytical Models Of aUtonomic Systems" (PRIN)
- "End-to-End protocols for audio/video over Internet protocol", 2005-2006, funded by Financial Tradeware srl, Rome
- "Implementation and measurement of congestion control protocols over GPRS and UMTS", 2003 in collaboration with Politecnico di Torino